Apprentice Employees (BBL)
Do you want to excel in your profession and help build the world’s most beautiful superyachts?
We want to hear from you!
We are continuously looking for Apprentice Employees (BBL) for the Production Departments of our exclusive yacht interiors. As a Veneer Worker, Machine Woodworker, Furniture Maker or Furniture Painter, you will gain valuable work experience in luxury interior construction.
What will you do?
As an Apprentice Employee (BBL) at Heesen Interiors, you will be employed by Opleidings Bedrijf Doetinchem (OBD). Through OBD you will undertake a practical four-year course with two educational levels. During this time, you will work in the Heesen facilities in Winterswijk four days per week and attend school once per week. You will be guided by an experienced mentor, learning the technical tricks of the trade by working on current yacht interior projects. Heesen undertakes all disciplines of interior construction in-house, offering a unique opportunity to become acquainted with quality craftsmanship.
The design and finishing of Heesen Yacht interiors are of an exceptionally high level, and Heesen provides all Apprentice Employees with the best tools and an ideal working environment to learn the profession to perfection. This includes the latest CNC milling machines in our mechanical woodworking department, as well as a large paint shop and upholstery and veneer department.
Where will you work?
As an Apprentice Employees (BBL) you can gain experience in the following functions:
- As a Veneer Worker in the Veneer Department, you gain experience with exclusive veneer types used for Heesen’s exceptional yacht interiors. You will learn to plan complete veneer plans from drawings and make veneer patterns for the inlay of special sheets within the yacht’s interior. Apprentice Employees are offered the opportunity to specialise in a beautiful profession.
- As a Woodworking Machine Operator in the Interior Production Department, you learn perfect control of a wide range of woodworking machines. From a panel saw to an edge bander, from a Heesemann broadband sander to computer-controlled CNC milling machines. This is an ideal placement for Apprentice Employees with previous experience or training in furniture making or interior construction.
- As a Furniture Maker in the Interior Production Department, you learn how to make the most exclusive furniture and interiors of Heesen’s luxury yachts using working drawings and sawing lists. A high variation in projects combined with a high-level of finishing makes this a unique opportunity for aspiring furniture makers in the luxury interior business.
- As a Furniture Sprayer in our paint shop, you gain experience with the painting of exclusive yacht interiors. You learn the process of professional sanding, grounding, pickling, spraying and finishing of furniture. This is an excellent position to gain valuable experience as a highly-qualified painter/sprayer.
Who are we looking for?
You have a passion for technology, and you are eager to learn. You are ambitious and strive to be the best in your profession.
Education and experience:
- A targeted VMBO course with relevance to the job.
What we offer
At Heesen, the happiness of our employees is important to us, and we want to make all Apprentice Employees feel part of our team. That’s why we offer you a job with responsibility, collegiality and appreciation, as well as ample room to develop, grow and learn the profession. We have an active staff association with regular company parties. Apprentice employees join our team after obtaining their relevant diploma.
Four steps towards your dream job at Heesen
After sending us your online application form, we will review your application within the appropriate department. If we see a match, we will invite you for a first interview. Following a positive meeting, we will continue the process with a contract proposal and are excited to welcome you aboard!