VACANCY GENERAL MANAGER PROCUREMENT & SUPPLY CHAIN
The General Manager Procurement & Supply Chain is responsible for ensuring the right products are purchased and delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required and in the most cost effective way. Oversees the purchasing, distribution and transportation of goods and/or services from the supplier/contractor to the shipyard and includes organising and monitoring storage and distribution of goods at the shipyard.
GENERAL MANAGER PROCUREMENT & SUPPLY CHAIN
The General Manager Procurement & Supply Chain communicates with management team members, oversees a team of purchasing agents and warehouse personnel and reports to the Director Operations.
- Strategically plan and manage purchase, logistics, warehouse and transportation;
- Direct, optimise and coordinate full order cycle;
- Monitor contract milestones in cooperation with the production department;
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers and contractors;
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency;
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments;
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints;
- Supervise, coach and train purchase and warehouse personnel;
- Meet budget, cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets;
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements;
- Comply with laws, regulations, class and ISO requirements;
- Double-checks the work of purchasing agents;
- Keeps a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed;
- Monitor health & safety procedures.
- 10-15 years of experience in purchasing and logistic management;
- HBO+ level;
- Knowledge of quality standards and health, safety & environment regulations;
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts;
- Experience in reporting on key logistic metrics;
- Excellent in MS Office and corporate software;
- Outstanding communication ability (verbally and in writing), both in Dutch and English;
- Senior management level.
- Strong decision-making skills and a result-driven approach;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent planning, organisational and leadership skills;
- Co-ordination and control;
- Time management;
- Helicopter view and attention to detail;
- Communication and negotiation skills;
- Influencing and leading;
- Team work;
- Conflict management and stress tolerance;
Acquisition is unfortunately not appreciated
On behalf of Heesen Yachts, HAYS Recruiting experts worldwide will carry out the recruitment and selection process.